• By-pass below upper slips to wash debris when valve is opened
• By-pass is opened before upper slips are released
• Can be set with tension for shallow well applications
• Can be left in tension, compression or neutral 1/4 turn right-hand set, 1/4 turn right-hand release
• Additional J-Slot arrangements available
The ASI-X Single String Double-Grip Production Packer is the most versatile of the mechanically set retrievable packers and may be used in any production application. This packer is suited for treating, testing, or injection applications, in pumping or flowing wells, either deep or shallow.
This packer can be left in tension or compression depending on well conditions and the required application. A large internal by-pass reduces swabbing when running and retrieving. The by-pass closes when the packer is set and opens prior to releasing the upper slips when retrieving to allow pressure equalization. The J-slot design allows easy setting and releasing; 1/4 turn right-hand set, 1/4 turn right-hand release.
The standard ASI-X Packer is designed for differential pressures up to 7,000 PSI (unless noted otherwise). This packer is also available in an HT version which is designed for differential pressures up to 10,000 PSI (unless noted otherwise). The HT version allows this packer to be utilized in completions where high-pressure treating operations are performed and it is desirable to leave the tool in the well for production.